Introducing our love experiment for the month- giving a gift to your spouse every Friday for a month.
Alright, it is June and that means its time to introduce our Marriage Laboratory Experiment of the Month (MLEM if you like- you can remember it because it sounds like phlem)!
This year all our experiments are based on Gary Chapman’s 5 Love Languages book and February will be all about . .. . . .
The challenge is to give your spouse a little gift every Friday for a month. The biggest roadblock I see forming in your head (and mine) is money. It doesn’t have to be a big gift. For those with the love language of gifts, they just want the acknowledgement that someone is thinking of them.
It can be as simple as emailing your spouse a song that made you think of them, or picking up their favorite candy for a little surprise, or writing out a plan for future date nights.
Just something fun to show your spouse you are thinking of them each week.
Here’s the experiment explained scientific method style:
- When we are busy we can forget to show our spouses how much we love and appreciate them.
- Our spouses feel unseen and unappreciated.
- We can get in a rut of doing the same old thing with our spouse without much novelty or spontaneity.
- Give a simple gift to your spouse every Friday for a month.
- 4 small gifts
- Our spouses’ love tanks will be fuller as they feel more noticed, loved and appreciated.
- We will get excited to think of fun, small ways to make their week and love them all the more.
Raise your hand if you are in!!
If you want to join along in our experiment, join our email list (scroll down- there’s an opt-in in the footer) and I’ll be sending out how its going for us as well as helpful reminders!
Or I would love it if you joined in the experiment and let us know how its going on our Facebook page!