2018 has been an AMAZING year here at Marriage Laboratory.
Here are some highlights:
- We started our podcast, Marriage Theraoke!! We launched our podcast giving therapy to love songs in August, and Rich and I have loved the challenge as well as all the positive feedback you guys have given us- thanks!
- I finally joined the Instagram party (only 8 years late!) by starting the Marriage Laboratory instagram page. I now spend a lot of time there and this community has made me feel like I people actually read what I write and comment on it!
- We grew our email subscribers from 1600 to 7000+ this year!! Woo!!! Thank you so much to those who respond to my monthly emails! I always read them and appreciate them (even if I don’t respond!)
- And we kept up a steady income from our partnership with MediaVine (thanks for tolerating the ads on this page- it keeps us maintaining and growing Marriage Laboratory!)
What a great year! Thanks so much for being a part of it! (See 2017’s year re-cap here)
The Year of the SELF
2018’s theme has been the year of the SELF here at Marriage Laboratory. Not in the “treat yo’ self” sense (although, occassionally, yes, treat yo’self)
But more in the “become more emotionally and psychologically healthy and mature so you can have an amazing life and relationship” sense 🙂
We had a whole month’s worth of posts on each of the following categories:
- Having a clear sense of self
- Self-confronting with love
- Controlling reactivity and self-soothing
- Embracing discomfort for growth
- Forging integrity
Those links will take you to the first post in the series on that topic, click “next post” at the bottom of each post to read through all the posts on that topic (there should be four posts per topic).
Most Popular Posts of 2018
Just waiting to be voted off the marriage blogger island for this one 😉 This post is the introduction to why this year has been the year of the self and describes Celeste’s Big Philosophy of Marriage. Complete with graphs!
This post was for self-confronting month. Ah, self-confronting, everyone’s favorite topic 🙂
3. How Mature is Your Value System? (and how your values might be ruining your relationship)
I’m thrilled this post did well. It was one of my favorites to write this year.
I really liked this one too, and it includes my stick figure drawings as a bonus 😉
This is kind of like four years of my blog summed up in one post 🙂
My Favorite Posts of the Year
Those were the posts with the most page views, but I like to include my personal favorite posts as well in these yearly reviews.
Happiness man. It’s making us miserable! I just like everything about this post and people’s feedback from it was just the icing on the cake.
I just think this post is important. Self-love is the antidote to shame. Shame lies at the heart of most of our marriage problems. Ergo, self-love –> better marriage always.
Most Popular Podcast Episodes
When you have a rock star guest like Rachel on, it’s bound to be good! But also the topic is just so important for a healthy relationship.
This episode was so fun to record. We interview professional ballroom dance couple Kyle and Allie Spinder on how they make their professional and private relationship work.
In this episode we share our #1 marriage tip: the weekly marriage check in. Shelly and Jershon first off are freaking marriage rock stars and second off, also do the weekly marriage check in so we talk about what that looks like for both of us.
Well lab mates, its been one heck of a year and we couldn’t do what we do without YOU! Thank you, thank you thank you for reading, listening and giving us all those clicks, downloads, comments, encouragement, love and support.
Can’t wait to see what this year holds! Happy New Year!